Tuesday, February 17, 2009

KICKBOXING
Aka Kick your trash

So I was going to a personal trainer. It's been almost a year and today was my last day with him. I quit to save money and I wasn't getting results. Sure I put on some muscle, but didn't drop any pounds. The workouts were getting predictable and it became a precious timeslot filled in my day that wasn't worth it anymore. I started to feel like this-
So, I joined a gym. Those free workout with trainer... they suck you in. My work out was great.. so after negotiating for about an hour (It felt like I was buying a car).

I talked him down on a great price for a trainer once a week. I told him I want the best they had. The chub needs to go away.

So he gave me Mark (I think his name is mark). He is the.... You guessed it... Kickboxing instructor for the gym. We will now refer to him as Bruiser, and his training sessions as my beat downs.
He did a great job. Let me rephrase that. He kicked my trash. I am sitting here 3 days later and I'm still sore. Muscles were worked in my body that I didn't know I had.

Husband (my main man) was skeptical about me getting a another trainer. He joined me at the gym and used the treadmill while I worked with Bruiser.

When I staggered over to my main man, with a purple face and drenched in sweat (generally I'm a mediocre sweater) after my beat down, his jaw dropped. I managed to force out the words in between gasping for air. "....Worth.... Every... Penny..."




I SOOOO got the best trainer. I'm now a fan of kick boxing, here's why:


Why I like kickboxing:


If you tell someone you kickbox, you are automatically awesome because they are automatically impressed.


  • Great workout


  • It works a million muscles all at once

  • After the workout I "feel" in shape and skinny cause I just kicked butt!


  • Beating a bag lets out alot of stress and agresssion :)


  • You learn fighting/self defense skills


  • Trainer says the lowest burned calorie count he has heard of in his class (he puts heart monitors on people) is 400 calories. 400 Calories!!!

When I'm not embarassingly bad at kickboxing and I'm not so overweight so that it is believe able, I'm gonna get this shirt.

from Zazzle


Haters: Boss got a 3 lb box of See's Chocolates. And she keeps saying, "take another" Need I say more...

Thwart: Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory- Chocolate cocunut creme pie cheesecake. Tastes like an almond joy cheesecake. We got it as a valentines treat as take out and haven't eaten it... calling my name from the fridge... In through the lips, straight to the hips.

1 comment:

  1. I am feeling the same way. I love my trainer girl Sara, but I want to walk away from my workout with her drenched in sweat and muscles quivering, becaues then I feel like I have gotten my money's worth. I can work up a little sweat all by myself. I want her to push me right to the edge of hell so that I can barely crawl out. Not happening so far. When we did core I wasn't even sore. At all. I went the next day and did my own little diddy on abs and back and I could barely breath the next day. I don't want to hurt her feelings by requesting someone else, but I need results. Maybe I should just give her this pep talk that I am writing you, so she knows i am serious. I am a strong chick, she needs to bring it so I can be a skinny chick.

    ReplyDelete