Friday, January 30, 2009

They Hate Me


Yeah, above... not me. From here

I work out with a personal Trainer one on one. I know. Shocker. (you can't tell by looking at me, but I like to tell myself I'm "building muscle" even if the fat hasn't fallen off yet). I'll tell you more about him later. He always tells me, "They hate you, the people at work don't care about you!" Sounds pretty harsh, but he's just dramatic. This is after week upon week of me reporting eating crappy foods at work. He says that if people bring in junk food and goodies, then they don't care one lick about you, because they are ruining your get healthy efforts. If you're measuring it on that scale, then the ladies at work HATE me.

This is currently in the Freezer (someone had a birthday)- Ice Cream Cake from Brusters (SO GOOD) Flavors: 1/2 Chocolate Trash- chocolate covered pretzels and candybars in chocolate ice cream; and 1/2 Graham Central Station A graham cracker ice cream with chocolate chunks and a swirl of a soft sugary graham crunch. Yeah... REALLY hard to resist, especially when you sit at a desk all day, it's easy to rationalize... "Aside from boredom, I've been working hard all day, I deserve a treat." EEEK! Am I the only weak one or are you drooling too?


Next UP: Dale & Thomas Popcorn. This is what we gave clients for Christmas. It's gourmet popcorn. It was on Oprah's favorite things list. We just cracked open, or should I say ransacked the box of the left overs. 4 bags leftover for the takers. Peanut butter and white chocolate drizzle corn and Chocolate chunk and caramel. Drool.

This is just the beginning of the hatred. We are an office of 7 women. There are always brownies, muffins, etc. Consider this a THWART!
Suggestions? Other then Practicing "No thanks" in your head a million times every day, Where do you pull the self control from. Any other Suggestions on how to avoid being sucked in?!
Andi (a faithful fan, also known as sister) says- drink a glass of water or two before you eat or want the snack- helps avoid gorging yourself and eliminate the craving altogether. Any other suggestions?
UPDATE ON THE WATER DEAL:
My sister said the more she drinks the more she craves it. I guess when we are dehydrating ourselves our bodies adapt and we dont necessarily feel like we are dying for a drink, but once we open the water gates it yells, Wahoo! Give me all ya got! Makes sense.

Another Note: Her trainer friend said you divide your weight by two and thats how many ounces you have to drink if you're trying to lose weight. 200 lbs, you should be drinking 100 oz. Holy Moly!

Caution: if you drink too much water you can suffer from water intoxication. It dilutes the sodium in your body, and flushes out your much needed electrolites, Drink alot but not too much!

DWG: Not sure... I'm going to Animal Kingdom tonight right after work, and wont be home till late. Maybe I could weigh myself... That's the workout goal I keep failing on... (see sidebar cartoon with a scale and two girls- My sentiments). I didn't quite get my water in, so I'll try to drink my 8X8.

WWG (weekend workout goal):

3 comments:

  1. i love this! I will be a frequent reader/commentor! THANK YOU!! Do you watch Biggest Loser? I watch while eating potato chips..this is so inspiring *CRUNCH* *CRUNCH* *CRUNCH*.
    Though they do make a great suggestion about Extra gum. It really does curb the sweet cravings. Now's the time to buy and try all those diff flavs they have that you see in the line at the store, but don't try. Instead always buying the same ol' boring flavor that you know you like. Get 'em all and give away the ones you hate and stock up on the ones that are yum. It's like a flav party for your mouth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So today, my new trainer, yes, his sales technique worked like a charm on chubby old me, kicked my ass. He is this super muscly really hot guy from California that DELIGHTED in making me do ten more. Then ten more. I DELIGHTED when he tripped on a yoga mat and fell on his very well shaped butt in front of the entire cardio kick boxing room full of skinny women, while getting a medicine ball to further torture me. Ha. Karma is a Bi*** isn't it? Anyway. He swears that it is possible to for me to loose fifty pounds by august. If Baron swears it, I should believe it right? Well if the condition of my jello legs after 30 minutes proves it, then hello to the new me. You won't even know me I will be so hot. I am laughing so hard as I am writing this that I almost falling out of the chair. Me hot? Me believe muscle man Baron? We shall see. He did reaffirm my belief in planks however. I hate them, but I like to think that someday when I have buns of steal, and no fat rolls on my back, and washboard abs, that I will love them then, for the beauty that they have revealed.

    Plus, Ryan says he will take me back to Hawaii if I lose 50 pounds. He should never have offered. You do not even know how serious I am about that. When my knees were going week and my arms were quivering, I was visualizing me, rockin my hot bod in Hawaii.

    I WILL PREVAIL!

    A favorite quote comes to mind. I think it is going to be my Mantra. Its a church hymn.

    DO what is right, be faithful and fearless
    Onward, press onward, the goal is in sight.

    Faithful and fearless, the goal is in sight.
    Is that sacrilegious to use a church hymn that way? Whatever. Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might just use this as my post today. Mind?

    ReplyDelete