Wednesday, February 11, 2009

INTERVALS= FAT DROPPING
Ooooo I like the sound of that! My new workout partner Renee (starting next week) sent me this calorie sizzlin workout.
Workout partners- a post for another day.
Sizzle Calories in 18 Minutes
SELF.com By Lucy Danziger


Whenever I feel like I want to get a little lighter (usually because my jeans are feeling a little tighter), I work intervals into my routine.

Intervals are one of the fastest ways around to shed fat. Women who spent 20 minutes mixing sprints with jogging lost three times the fat off their legs and butt in 15 weeks than those jogging steadily for 40 minutes, a study from the University of New South Wales in Sydney finds.

Burn triple the fat in half the time? Bring it on! To try intervals, do this speedy slimming routine up to six days a week. Pair it with your toning session or do it solo, for results guaranteed to amaze you.

(Here we go! -me)
Hop on any cardio machine you like for the time allotted and the exertion level noted (1 is the easiest and 10 is next to impossible).

Warm up for 4 minutes at a level 3.Sprint for 30 seconds at a level 7. Recover for 90 seconds at a level 4.
Sprint for 30 seconds at a level 8.Recover for 90 seconds at a level 4.
Sprint for 30 seconds at a level 9.Recover for 30 seconds at a level 4.

Sprint for 30 seconds at a level 7.Recover for 90 seconds at a level 4.

Sprint for 30 seconds at a level 8.Recover for 90 seconds at a level 4.

Sprint for 30 seconds at a level 9.Recover for 30 seconds at a level 4.

Sprint for 30 seconds at a level 7.Cool down for 3 minutes, 30 seconds at level 3.
________________________________________
Have fido do it with you-Ha Ha!

I like how this workout "switches it up" rather then jogging for 40 minutes straight. I don't know about you but I can push myself and sprint for 30 seconds knowing I can walk for 90 seconds afterwards. But a run for 40 minutes straight?! I'm bad- I just dont do it-Blah!!

Thanks Renee!!

DWG-Survive. Head cold. Bad enough to be chubby girl on the treadmill, but a hacking coughing chub? Out of respect for the spectators- I will take the day to recouperate :)



Thwart: Being Broke- Unhealthy food is cheap! Cheap I tell you! I didnt have time to pack a lunch and seing as how I'm plumb broke (Saving for a house)- I got a hot dog-yes a hot dog at 7-eleven. My sis who is getting healthy as well, said "how well does that fit into your diet?" yeah. It doesn't. but it was $1.75- including the ketchup mustard and onions!


Haters- Company lunch last week- Pizza. Mellow Mushroom. Amazing Pizza. Have I told you all that Pizza is one of my biggest food weaknesses? The word Pizza makes me drool. They ordered the Mystery Tour pizza. mmmmm.... THEY HATE ME.

3 comments:

  1. I hate doing cardio, but I've done intervals the last two times I've used the elliptical and I worked up a sweat, which doesn't happen if I just go for 30 minutes straight at a moderate speed. Plus, the time seemed to pass by faster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try it tonight after my trainer weight session. Sometimes I don't like working out with Ryan. That's rude to say huh? But she asks us what we want to work on, core, or back and biceps. He immediately says back and biceps, and the trainer says, okay. Who paid for the damn trainer? Who is 50 pounds overweight and had 32% body fat. ME! Mister skinny ass who weighs 178 and has 12% boy fat wants his arms and back to be more defined. I want to not have a spare tire's worth of fat around my core. Grrr... Who is more important in this situation? Clinically obese woman, or Mr. I want more definition. Yeah, that's what I thought. Ryan and I are going to discuss this tonight, after I try the intervals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to eat crow and say that the second I explained to Ryan why I wanted to core, he said of course, and told the trainer there was a change of plans. See, he is a gem, a real man. Check out my post for today and see what tortured me tonight. Oh man. The stairmill almost killed me. Really, it was the hardest exercise I have done on a machine.

    ReplyDelete